Thursday 19 November 2009

Woah

My birthday was fun, I ate a lot of Indian food and caterpillar cake (thank you Marks and Spencer!), and generally just enjoyed life. I made a flying visit to London, stayed at my Mum and Dad's for the night, and came home to get on with prepping our house for the imminent arrival of our Canadian visitor. Unfortunately she fell sick and couldn't come. So gutted! Obviously we're so upset that she couldn't come but how awful for her to be too sick to travel - hoping she feels better soon. I know we will get to see each other again soon! Last time we were meant to see each other, we had flights booked to Canada and then I fell pregnant with Pearl. By the time we would've been due to fly, I was so far along and was on the cusp of requiring a doctor's note, and I had been super sick while pregnant so didn't know if we'd even get it. Also, because of the aforementioned pregnancy, money was tight. So we had to come to the very grown-up decision that it was better to just say goodbye to some of the flight money, rather than have to spend even more while out there. Anyway. It would appear that some strange karma has come between our paths again, but I know we will meet again some day. She's my Canadian soul mate. If you read this Calla - we love you and hope you are feeling better.

Without our special guest, this week it's just business as usual here. Every day so far while Pearl has napped, I've been cracking on with ironing. Today I decided that 'Murder She Wrote' was calling me, and so I've sat down with this mini laptop and put my feet up for a while. I'm going to look up some more recipes for the spare bananas we've got in the kitchen. I've started intentionally buying too many bananas so that we'll have enough left to use in baking. This morning we made another banana loaf, but I'm thinking something involving peanut butter would be good this afternoon. I love cake!

1 comment:

  1. I love bananas. They disappear so quickly here though. People eat them and then the stragglers turn insanely quickly. I would love your banana loaf recipe for my blog if you'd like to share?

    Thats sad about Calla I know you were looking forward to seeing her. What part of Canada is she in? Maybe next time you plan a visit, you guys could stagger it so you come stay with us a little while either on your way there or back ;)

    When you come out I'll take you shopping for a nice birthday present because I am void of all money at the moment! I had something for Pearl but I don't know where I put it. Is she still enjoying Yo Gabba Gabba?

    ReplyDelete