Thursday 4 March 2010

"Miyohlk"

Today Pearl said 'milk' properly for the first time. And the word had a fantastic South-East London twang to it. (One can run from one's roots, but one can apparently not hide them when one has a tiny parrot in the form of a child). Until today it had been a strange throat-y or nasal-y noise, like 'mmmmmnnnk', or even better, 'gnnk', accompanied by lots of signing. But this afternoon I asked her what she wanted, and clear as day she said 'miyohlk'. I think my heart pretty much melted/exploded on the spot.

Then she got straight back to her two-day long assault of whining. But that brief, sweet moment of clarity in Pearl's toddler gobbledy-gook language made all the whining bearable.

Totally off topic: all these crazy ass weather events have really got me spooked. Bob is out for the evening and so far all I've done is eat chocolate orange and read news stories about the natural disasters that have been happening. Damn scary earthquakes and freaky waves and floods and shit. Because I needed something else to keep my stupid paranoid mind occupied... I really have seen 'The Day After Tomorrow' one too many times. Haha.

2 comments:

  1. I worry about weather events too & I have done for years, before I move somewhere I check if it's in a flood area - the letting agents think I'm crazy when I ask for the postcode & there's a silence as I look up the information online. I am a firm believer that nature tries to repair the damage humans cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world has gone crazy! When we got power back I went online and saw that the world has fallen to pieces. Scary stuff. Thats awesome about Pearl. We need a catch up soon, I feel I've missed a ton of stuff of late!

    ReplyDelete