Wednesday 14 October 2009

Oops

Between getting addicted to watching "True Blood", (we ploughed through the first series in a week), and then being at my mum's for a long weekend, I kinda forgot about updating this thing.

Pearl had her MMR almost a week ago, and boy are we feeling the effects of that. It wasn't even a choice for us - I didn't have it as an infant, but I did have mumps while I was at University and it was a pain comparable to childbirth, except it was more uncomfortable and lasted for weeks. It totally screwed my already crappy immune system, and the months following mumps were one long stretch of throat infections and clusters of ulcers on my tonsils, combined with being extremely tired all the time. I could not put my child through that. Since the decline in the numbers of parents giving their children vaccines against diseases such as measles, there have been a number of epidemics in our county and the surrounding counties. Including some deaths in Brighton, from a disease that's meant to be well under control. Pearl actually had measles at around 10months and it was truly awful. So the couple of weeks of potential grumpy-ness following the vaccination are more than worth it. Anyway. She is grumpy, seems like she has a bit of a cold/headache/earache thing going on, but I feel pretty darn awful myself so who knows whether it's the vacc or just general poorlyness.

She's been sleeping like a newborn the past couple of nights - that is to say, not very much. I'm not sure if my not feeling well is because of the sleep deprivation or because I'm really coming down with something. My back, neck, head, ears, all hurt. Feels like somebody's punched me in the kidneys.

This is boring for me to type, but I've typed it now so I may as well post it. I'm awaiting the return of my husband, hopefully he's bringing cat food since they are whining from behind the kitchen doors.

1 comment:

  1. oh dear, that sounds frightful. I hope you all start to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete